Banshee is nice and when I found that it can natively see my Creative Zen:M and sync content I was excited.
Well, it failed. Banshee would just crash without much fanfare after producing a bunch of weird errors like
Argument cannot be null. parameters name:obj
After I found the log in ~/.config/banshee-1/log there was a bunch of stack traces in it.
In the end I found a Launchpad Bug.
Turns out that when the player is plugged in, it is auto mounted and shows up in Nautilus. All I had to do was unmount the player to give exclusive access to Banshee and now I’m syncing.
I just clicked the little eject icon next to the player in Nautilus and all seems well.
Going to sync my Evo next …
Hope this helps someone.